Happy birthday to me! Every year, I talk about how weird it feels to be __ years old, but this year feels no different. Some people think you have to stop celebrating your birthday after you get to a certain age, but I say BOO to that. This Taylor Fam will always make an effort to make birthdays special. I mean, why not, right? Besides, I’m not quite ready to give up my birthday donuts just yet 😉
Last week’s goals: C ..I kinda fell off the wagon with half my goals.
1. Exercise at least three times: A+ ..I DID IT! They were short, and they were definitely beginner workouts, but I did it. And I’m proud of me.
2. Drink at least half a gallon of water every day: A ..This is getting easier. I don’t even have to think about it anymore.
3. No Added Sugar: F ..WHOOPS. When I picked up some candy for my Vday/Birthday giveaway (go enter that if you haven’t yet!), I grabbed a treat for myself.. and y’all, it’s a slippery slope. All I needed was a little taste of sweetness to reset my palate, and I’m already experiencing those strong cravings again. I’m going to let myself indulge this week, but once the celebrating is done, I’m going to kick my sugar addiction.
4. In bed by 10, awake by 9: F ..I’m still getting in bed before midnight most nights, but I’ve been really lax about making sure I get to sleep early, and because of that I’ve been sleeping in. Which keeps me up late that night, and the cycle continues.
See? Half of me is hanging tightly onto that wagon, half of me is dragging in the dirt. haha.
This week, I wanted to make all my goals birthday-related (because I’m nothing if not overzealous about birthdays) but I had some trouble thinking of goals. Then Kirby texted me this morning and suggested some birthday goals to be funny, but I’m going to actually use them, haha.
1. Eat a little extra dessert.
Don’t have to talk me into that!
2. Be sung to awkwardly.
This has already happened, and I’m sure it will happen again this week, haha.
3. Splurge on one little luxury as a gift-to-self.
I MEAN, IF YOU INSIST!
Less fun, but still important:
4. Exercise 3x; daily 64+oz water; stick to sleep schedule.
I don’t want to undo all the habit-forming I’ve been doing the last couple of weeks, so I’m going to keep these up (minus the no sugar thing, because birthday donuts).
I’m having a great birthday so far. This morning, Josh and I started the festivities with brunch at my favorite breakfast spot, then we immediately went to get birthday donuts.. haha. Breakfast foods for the win! Also planned this week: a big family BBQ lunch yesterday, dinner with Josh’s family, painting pottery with my mom, a dinner date at my first super-fancy restaurant, and binge watching season 6 of Downton Abbey. Sounds like a great week to me!