Well, here we are blogging at the end of the night again, whoops. But I feel like I have a pretty good reason – I actually left the house this evening! Without any anxiety, even! I felt good enough today to go over to Josh’s family’s for dinner & Survivor, and it was great. I’m encouraged. I’m also exhausted, but it was worth it. I missed them.
Here are some highlights of my week so far:
- On Monday, my dear friend Bethany stopped by to offer her company and a delicious pineapple smoothie. It was so lovely to see a friend after being mostly isolated for the last several weeks. She knows me so well, too – gave plenty of notice, didn’t put any pressure about seeing me, didn’t mind my greasy hair or messy house, and stayed long enough to make me feel valued, but not so long that I felt drained. She gets me.
- I discovered two new, delicious ways to eat sauerkraut: 1) with mashed potatoes, and 2) piled onto half an avocado. If you like sauerkraut or are looking for ways to work more fermented foods into you diet, give those a try.
- Josh created this amazing Suicide Squad/Friends theme song mash up and it’s so perfect. I LOVE IT:
- Kirbys pep talk yesterday reminded me that while I don’t have control over the way my body feels or the fact that I have feelings about that, I do have control over which feelings I dwell in.
- I have been feeling noticeably better each day, and I got to go over to my in-law’s today 🙂
Here’s to the rest of the week – hoping that I keep feeling better each day, and cool little things like the above keep happened. But even if they don’t, I’m making concerted effort this week to feed optimism and joy.