I procrastinated today and also kind of forgot to save links throughout the week for this, my second-ever Friday Favorites post (whoops).. but here are some cool things that I came across yesterday and today:
• These adorable and fun IKEA engagement photos from Savannah Lauren Photography. I’m twitter-friends with the photographer, and I can’t believe I kind of know someone so talented. Now I’m just waiting for Buzzfeed to feature it and for the photoshoot to go viral. Seriously, how cute are they?? Go see the rest!
• This Humans of New York post about how a pediatric surgeon deals with losing patients made me cry. I love HONY because the photos & stories are such a moving peek into worlds I’d otherwise have no idea about. It’s a really cool project.
• I lost track of time reading a book outside today in my quest for vitamin D and am now paying the price with an uneven, yet painful, sunburn (see photo below). This Overnight Sunburn Remedy from Butter Believer has already provided so much relief, and it hasn’t even been “overnight” yet!
• This tumblr answer from Maggie Stiefvater about dealing with criticism about something you’ve created (the advice is within the context of an author getting harsh reviews, but it applies to all creative endeavors, I think).
• On a similar note, “How To Shake Off Your Online Haters” from Melyssa Griffin was really encouraging to me.
• I revisited the song “Look On Up” by Relient K today because I’m not doing great with this week’s goal and needed some inspiration. This song is so GOOD!