Well, I’m not yet ready to share the new thing I made this week that I was planning to make this post about (maybe tomorrow), so instead here are some pictures from the last few days that I like a lot 🙂
Today marked my 28th consecutive day of practicing, and day 5 of Yoga Camp for me. It gets easier and harder as I progress. I’m finding the ritual to be very cathartic.
We got our first CSA box of the year this week. We’re getting a half-share plus a dozen eggs every other week.. I’m really excited about it. We got dinosaur kale, kohlrabi, spring onions, purple romaine, strawberries, mint, and English green peas. Lulu throught the whole spread was for her, somehow.
The weather has been swinging between gloomy & rainy, and cool & sunny. I prefer the latter.
Lulu is such a mat hog:
This blueberry-cherry-chocolate smoothie was BOMB.
I love sweet potatoes more than any other food, I think. I’ve been cooking up sweet potato fries every other night because they’re so simple & healthy & delicious.
This picture reminded me that a couple readers have asked for my sweet potato fries recipe. It’s super easy:
- Preheat oven to 425* F
- Peel (optional) and cut up sweet potato into your preferred shape.
- Combine sweet potatoes, a generous drizzle of olive oil, salt & pepper to taste, and any other seasonings you want (I like garlic and turmeric) in a big ziplock bag (or tupperware with a lid). You can also add about a Tbsp of cornstarch to make the outsides slightly more crispy, if you want.
- Shake your bag or tupperware really well to coat sweet potatoes.
- Spread sweet potatoes evenly on a baking sheet. I line mine with aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Cook for 18-25 minutes (depending on how “charred” you like them).
- Enjoy with your favorite dipping condiment!