My favorite things this week:
• The brain training app Peak. I’ve only been using it for about a week, but I’m enjoying the challenges and the knowledge that I’m exercising my brain a little each day.
• Blackout curtains. Josh installed them in our bedroom this week and it’s SO nice. We got them so I’ll be able to sleep better during the day when I’m recovering after surgery, but I wasn’t expecting to already be feeling the effects of them now. I didn’t realize just how much light got into our room at night from the moon and/or neighbor’s lights.
• The new Beauty & the Beast trailer. I love the nostalgia, I already adore Emma Stone as Belle, and I like the way the animated household appliances look (especially Lumiere!). Trying not to hype this up too much in my mind, but I’m excited.
• This quote: “We cannot become what we want by remaining what we are” – Max Depree
• 10 Helpful Things to Say to Someone With Depression “There are no magic words that will make someone feel better and it can be tough to know what to say to someone that is suffering.” But this list is a pretty darn good start.
What are some of your favorite things from this week?