You might not know that Currently Kelli is actually my second daily blogging project. While Currently Kelli has been more about writing every day (and following predetermined weekly categories), my first daily blog was a photoblog for 2011. Through those two experiences, I learned a few things that made the obligation a little easier for me. Here are a few tips from the top of my head:
- Give up on perfectionism. You can’t have a perfect entry every single day. (Well maybe YOU can, but I can’t, and the pursuit of perfection always leaves me paralyzed). Let it go.
- Let yourself have “breaks.” It’s ok to just say “This is my blog post for today, bye, see you tomorrow.” Your friends and family won’t care.
- Utilize stock photos when you don’t have the time or desire to take your own photos (I use pixabay.com – it’s free and they have a lot of great options).
- Plan ahead. If you know you’re going to be extra busy on a certain day, write out at least an outline for that day’s blog post in advance. You can also pre-schedule posts, which was really helpful for me when I had surgery this year.
- Have daily themes. The daily themes I had in place this year helped a lot on nights when I couldn’t think of what to write – I always had a starting point.
- Set a reminder on your phone. Chances are, you won’t need it after a while and you’ll remember on your own.
Those are just a few things off the top of my head that helped me keep up with the every-day aspect of this blog. Looking back over what I’ve done here in the past year, I wish I had been been more organized and more creative with my content, but I think I had some good moments. And ultimately, I’m proud that I posted every day for 366 days! 🙂